Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Detubing Lipsticks!

Finally, my post on detubing lipsticks! Months back, I watched (genius) Dusty Hunter's video about organizing lipsticks. I'm huge on organizing my stash, so, this was epic. I was originally searching for Japonesque foundation palette dupes, but, no luck! So, I tracked my way to Michael's and bought a couple bead organizers that happened to be practically the same thing Dusty used. So far, I'm loving it. It has it's own little carrying case, and, isn't too bulky or heavy. Each organizer can hold 30 lipsticks, and costs roughly $9 each. A+++, Dusty!
The Process:
My second round: (All MAC) Photo, Morange, Rebel, Show Orchid, Pink Nouveau, Up the Amp, and Girl About Town.

10 comments:

  1. They look amazing stored like that! I don't think I could hack a lippy apart though, it would destroy my lipstick loving soul a little too much haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. they look really pretty like that but like Lily, I couldn't bring myself to hack them apart either haha x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm gonna be doing this for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd always wanted to do this, but I don't own too many lipsticks anyway. Definitely doing this in the future to save space though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've thought about it but I get such joy from holding those little hoarded pretty tubes...can't do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did this but I melted them into a cute little pallet that has a brush holder. And then I never used it lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm definitely going to make a trip to Michael's this would be perfect for my freelance kit and sooo much easier to keep it sanitary. (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fab idea. Wud b doin this to my least favourite lippies :D only!!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry i'm a bit confused, I don't understand why you would do this to your lipsticks? especially Mac. Are you doing it so you can return 7 or 6 items back to mac to get another free lipstick?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I dunno about the blogger but I only do this when I reach the end of my lipsticks. Cause there's still a LOT of product left and you can't reach it. the easiest way is to detube it.

      Delete