Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Homemade Brush Cleanser

A few years back, I stumbled across one of Enkore's awesome, and very informative videos about a homemade brush cleanser. Today, I had to make a new batch and figured I'd repost the recipe for reference, and rave! This is probably the 5th or 6th time I've made it with varying dish soaps and shampoo's, and it hasn't failed me yet! The main reason I started making cleanser was because of high costs. Back in the day, I bought a bottle of MAC's Brush Cleanser ($9 for 7.9 fl.oz.). But, after buying all the supplies, it only costs roughly $1 per batch, compared to the current $12 price tag for MAC's. Big difference! I'd highly suggest this to any make-up artists, or, just any one who gives a lot of love to their brushes!
You'll need the following:
1 C Water
1/4 C Alcohol
1/2 TBSP Dish Soap
1/2 TBSP Gentle Shampoo
1 TBSP Leave-In Conditioner
empty container(s)
• stirring utensil

Stir slowly to prevent suds!
I also did a post a while back on wrapping certain larger brushes to keep the bristles from splaying. Wrapping technique courtesy of Dustin Hunter!

2 comments:

  1. haha i use enkores brush cleaner to! so cheap and works so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! I'm gonna preach it until the day I die, haha. :D

    ReplyDelete