Monday, December 20, 2010

Wet n' Wild Color Icon palette in Lust (248) swatches + review!

The third palette from Wet n' Wild's Color Icon collection is number 248, Lust! The palette is filled will all kinds of purple hues. The three mattes include a light pinked-purple, a warm mid-toned purple, and a beautiful deep plum. The frost/lustre colors include a matte cream with white sparkle, a cool charcoal grey, and a black with heavy red shimmer. I've used all of them a few times with exception of the charcoal grey color. For the mattes, I only had some issues working with the warm mid-toned purple on the JK Jemma Kidd look seen here. It seemed no matter how much I packed on the color, it was staying more sheer on my crease line. But, of course, I had my Urban Decay Primer Potion working it's magic, so I'm still not sure what was up with that! Other than that little guy, the other two work like a dream. The cream lustre shadow works really well! The charcoal is pretty decent. Now, with the black with red shimmer.. it's very good for deepening the crease or whatnot, but the red doesn't transfer like it looks in the pan. I could see it working on top of a red base to really bring it out though! Overall, I think this palette is totally worth it. It's good for a good neutral purple look, or if you want to go all out! Here are pictures of the palette and swatches!
without flash.
same thing, with flash.

3 comments:

  1. Love this palette! Pretty swatches. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm waiting patiently to receive mine in the mail!!! woot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always so disappointed in black shadows with red sparkle/glitter. It's like MAC's Beauty Marked. SO gorgeous in the pan but it's pretty meh when used.

    Those purples really are gorgeous, though. I definitely need to look for these next time I'm in town.

    ReplyDelete