Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Silver Bells, 12.21.10

Well, look at this! I broke several of my habits with the look I did yesterday. ..I'm pretty proud! For one, silver eyeshadow has been my sort-of equivalent to peoples loathing of 80's blue eyeshadow. Through high school and the last few years, I've just seen a lot of girls with my not particular choice of lifestyle ('super hussies') wear silver eyeshadow in all kinds of the wrong way, haha. A silver smokey eye at that! I also did shimmer all over before putting MAC's Scene shadow in the crease, which it still remained shimmery. And lastly, I did a more amped up nude lip! The Spice lip liner darkened it for sure, but with Blankety and Myth on top? I'm calling it a bold nude lip! In the morning, I did a glossy warm red lip for the model haircut at the salon I am applying to. It worked out pretty alright, but with the outfit I was wearing, a more neutral lip meshed better. Now, with the pictures.. everything turned out well except for the eyeshadow dimension. It comes off a lot lighter in pictures than it did 'in real life'. But, I'm attributing that to shimmer being all over the lid and the light not reflecting correctly! Now for the look!In the afternoon with the 'bold nude'.
Yay for matching silver nails! It's definitely Holiday-time, haha.
Face:
Revlon Colorstay 150 Buff & 180 Sand Beige
MAC Enough Said BPB
MAC Otherworldly blush
MAC Invisible Set Powder

Eyes:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Wet n' Wild Color Icon Night Elf (silver)
MAC Vanilla, Orb, Pin Curl, Scene, Carbon
Rimmel white kohl
Wet n' wild Taupe brow pencil
Revlon Double Twist Mascara

Lips:
(first set)MAC Rich & Ripe gloss, Soap & Glory SMP Plum Juice
(second set)MAC Spice liner, Blankety and Myth lipsticks

3 comments:

  1. Loove this! And it's perfect for the Christmas season :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your color placement on the lid. It's pretty.

    ReplyDelete