Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Sephora Metallic Polish in Rock swatches!

So, I know that I mentioned I would swatch China Glaze Cords next.. but, I remembered that I bought the Sephora Metallic Polish in Rock in the Friends & Family sale in October! And, it looked so tempting for the Holiday time, haha. I tried it out this morning for my model demo to apply to a salon this morning, which went really well. Off subject for a second, I got to cut my friend's hair off and I'm so happy because it looks so good on her! Okay, back to nail polish. This Rock polish has the metallic finish, of course. It actually reminds me of taking the silver Sharpie marker on nails, except better! The formula is pretty good itself. When applied, it does the streaky thing, but, it's not much of a surprise to me. The bottle was way smaller than I expected. It only contains .16oz of product where as Seche Vite has .5oz. So, about a third of the product than normal polish standards! I paid $3 on sale for it during Friends & Family. Unfortunately, I just found out Sephora doesn't sell these anymore. It's really a toss up whether that's a good or a bad thing. The formula is okay, the price (originally $5) is definitely steep for the amount of product. The closest polish that comes to mind is China Glaze's Millennium, which might be a shade or two darker. Here are your swatches!
(flash, followed by non-flash)
This is the best representation taken with flash in natural light.

No comments:

Post a Comment