Wednesday, December 8, 2010

NP Set for Target-inspired, 12.08.10

It's now been a few months since I've seen these ads for Target's high-end line of cosmetics including Jemma Kidd, Pixi, and today's feature, NP Set. The ads have been running in major fashion magazines such as Elle, and Allure for months now. This morning, I tore them out for my inspiration folder and decided that I wanted to make a mini-series out of them and recreate the eyes with cheaper alternatives. Not that Target isn't cheap, but when some of their cosmetic lines are running close to MAC prices, eek! Today, I choose to recreate this NP Set look. NP Set is a sub-line from Napoleon Perdis, an Australian-based company. I thought the look would be absolutely gorgeous for the holiday times, as well as the summer and fall time! But, who said make-up is just for one part of the year. Rock it any day I say! The look was created with 3 of my Wet n' Wild Color Icon palettes, but, I'm sure it can be recreated just with the limited edition holiday palette, Golden Goddess. If you didn't get ahold of this palette, there are many shimmery golds and browns widely-available at all drugstores! Always use what works for you! Anyways, enough blabberin'. On to the look!
And, now my version!
Face:
Revlon Colorstay in 150 Buff
MAC Harmony, Peaches Blushes
MAC Emanuel Ungaro Fresh Morning CCB
Wet n' Wild Golden Goddess nude shimmer

Eyes:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Wet n' Wild Golden Goddess (all)
Wet n' Wild Night Elf (white shimmer, red)
Wet n' Wild Vanity (top 4 shadows)
Wet n' Wild Copper Color Icon pencil
Rimmel white kohl pencil -almost out!-
Wet n' Wild Taupe brow pencil
Revlon Double Twist Mascara

Lips:
MAC Brick Lip Liner
MAC Rockocco (DC)
MAC Pinkarat
MAC Select Cover-Up NC15&25

No comments:

Post a Comment