Thursday, December 23, 2010

Glow On Sister!, 12.22.10

Yep, the Holidays are upon us when I start cracking cheesier and cheesier titles, haha. Yesterday, I wanted to do a super glowy and angelic-feeling look. Of course, in my world, that ends up looking different than the usual idea of things! It ended up having more of a retro vibe as well because my brows were really structured instead of natural or soft, and I paired two different red lips with it! First off, my love, MAC's Russian Red. And second, I added MAC's Media and attempted to dust the Reflects Blackened Red on top, but it ended up blending in like a pigment instead! I'll have to play with it a little more sometime. For the eyes, I loved how they turned out. I've always loved more lighter neutrals on myself because they darken my eyes, in person, to more of a charcoal grey with flecks of light. The star of the show is my new NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk. It was dying to be used, so I took the opportunity. If you can imagine, I highlighted six different parts of my face with Milk! Four places on the eyes and two on the face. Let's see if you can spot them!
Welcome to the right side of my face for once!
After Media and the Reflects Blackened Red were added:
Face:
Revlon Colorstay in 150 Buff & 180 Sand Beige
NYX Jumbo Eye Shadow Pencil in Milk
MAC Harmony, Otherworldly blushes
MAC Vanilla pigment
MAC Invisible Set Powder

Eyes:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
NYX Jumbo Eye Shadow Pencil in Milk
Wet n' Wild Vanity palette (two lightest mattes)
MAC Vanilla pigment
Wet n' Wild Taupe brow pencil
Revlon Double Twist mascara

Lips:
(First set)MAC Brick l/l, Russian Red l/s
(second set)added MAC's Media l/s, Reflects Blackened Red

BONUS PICS: Apparently, my lips were trying to show off. :)
♥ Happy Holidays! ♥

5 comments:

  1. Looooovveeee the red lips! Permit me to recreate this look! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I've been kinda lurking around for a while but I love your blog and I love this look. I've been trying to work out one similar to it for days now but I haven't gotten brave enough to purchase a red lipstick. I'm gonna have to pick on up soon because this is really pretty

    ReplyDelete
  3. For sure Tsahi!! Can't wait to see your version. :D

    And Nicki, red lipstick is one of the best things out there! I think every one who ever has loved make-up needs a red in the lip collection. I have a 99-cent red lipstick from Wet n' Wild that would be good to start out with! I know Revlon also makes a good matte red as well. :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. great highlight with the jumbo pencil!!!!!!!!! I want that too!!!!!!! x

    letiziaelle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. You went highlighter crazy. I hope you don't go out in public looking like that. You look like a little girl who found her mother's makeup stash.

    ReplyDelete