Thursday, December 30, 2010

2010 Beauty Summary: Nails

Favorite Nail Trend:
For lighter skintones: Super dark contrasting colors.
For deeper skintones: Pale, bright pastels.
Nail Company: I've rediscovered Wet n' Wild and discovered China Glaze.
Nail Collection: Although I didn't buy any of it, China Glaze's Up and Away collection was my eye candy!
Nail blogs, etc: The most I've visited this year is Scrangie, Vampy Varnish, laquerized, fuckyeahprettynails, lextard(and, her blog), and nailgal.
Nail Polish: The most worn was Sinful Colors' Mint Apple.
Top Coat: Seche Vite!
Base Coat: --
Hand cream: Curel Continuous Comfort Frangrance-Free Moisture Lotion (what a mouth full!)
Cuticle Remover: Sally Hansen's Instant Cuticle Remover
Nail Treatment: California Mango's Mango Magic Cuticle Oil

4 comments:

  1. Haha, nope! My nails don't stain easily, and every base I've used makes the polish actually slip or chip off in one coat! :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried Orly Bonder Rubberized Basecoat? I absolutely love it. Doesn't do much for staining (though I paint my nails a ridiculous amount so that probably doesn't help) but it helps a tremendous amount with it staying on. But, hey - if you have and don't like it, and/or what you're doing works well - then I suppose you should just keep on doing it haha.

    Does the Sally Hansen Cuticle Remover work well? I've only recently (past year or so) heard of such products but haven't tried any. I've started taking better care of my cuticles with creams and the like, but haven't tried removing them. Not properly, anyway lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried the Orly Bonder yet! Although, I don't have much issue with polish chipping as long as I have the Seche Vite on! I'm still learning nails and what's a good length of time for polish remaining on and whatnot, haha. As far as the cuticle remover, I think it works really well. I used to use an OPI one on clients, and Sally Hansen's does the job just as well! I notice a huge difference, but I also have to use nippers to get the excess cuticle off. And, it's pretty cheap too!

    ReplyDelete