Monday, November 1, 2010

Dia De Los Muertos, 10.30.10

Yay! Finally back with my Halloween looks. Sorry I didn't post yesterday! I came up with another costume and wanted to wait and post them both! My first night was based on Día de los Muertos, or Day of the Dead. I took the general idea from Sylvia Ji's paintings, which are my love! I mixed up the designs though with the spade nose, the heart and web forehead, rose chin, and filigree cheeks! Some of my favorite elements in her paintings. I ended up pinning the wig up into a large side-bun and sticking the flowers in it and spraying it all down. It was a lot of fun, but, a bunch of tedious work! It took me roughly 5-6 hours just on the make-up. Yep. It doesn't look that difficult, but when you have a detail-perfector like me.. it is, haha. Enjoy!
Face:
Mehron Basic palette
MAC Scene (web shading), Carbon (nose)

Eyes:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Mehron Basic & Tropical palettes
MAC Sketch, Carbon
MUD Sugared Violet(MAC Beautiful Iris dupe)
Eyemimo NTR#04 lashes
MAC Pro Lash Mascara

Lips:
MAC NC15 Select Cover-Up
Mehron Basic palette


Bonus pictures! Quick make-up I whipped up on my friends..
It was a pretty good night. I went and saw Rocky Horror Picture Show in theaters for the first time, TOTAL BLAST. And, went to IHOP! Anyone else have a good time?

3 comments: