Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Cruelty-Free!

Right now, I'm in the transition of making my collection considered "cruelty-free". It's not too much of a change because 95% of it already is good to go. But, I'm having to replace a few items that are my Holy Grail products, such as my mascara! I've researched A LOT this weekend, which is why I haven't posted aside from also being with my family, and have been putting the official Cruelty-Free hair, make-up, nails, and skincare list together. Once I put it out, if any of you know of some companies you'd like me to add.. just let me know! I feel it's very important for any cosmetic company to not test on animals. I do know there are regulations by certain government agencies (EPA, FDA, etc.) that force animal-testing to happen. But, a company is considered cruel when they keep testing after the regulated parts are finished. There are quite a few companies that are considered cruel, but there are so many other options! I'd love to hear your opinions on the matter!

3 comments:

  1. hi rachel,

    about 7 years ago, i decided to only purchase toiletry and cosmetic products that do not test on animals AT ALL. i know most of the brands that are okay, but i refuse to purchase a new (to me) brand before researching it. you'll be happy you made the switch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. as a vegan, i am very interested to see your compiled list! ive been a vegan for god knows how long, but ive only been into makeup for a little while. =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I really hope I can do the list justice! Sometimes it's hard to really tell who's "good and bad" because it's such a biased topic. I can't wait to put it out there!

    ReplyDelete